Monday, April 23, 2012

Sneaky Sneaky

Alright, I can't remember if I mentioned it in the last couple of posts, but I was doing really well. So well, the doctors figured I could be let and only have to come in every other month instead of every month. But Wegener's is a tricksy sort of beast.

When no one is watching it, it has this nasty habit of jumping out of the shadows to bite your unsuspecting rump.

I kept telling myself that it was just allergies and yadda yadda blah blah blah, but it's not. It's a flair. I get to jump from 2.5 mg of Prednisone back up to 20 mg. DE-PRESS-ING.

It was funny too, I was talking to my rheumy and one of the symptoms I'd had was strange hives, I'd get actual welts that would burn and itch and then vanish. My rhuemy was like, "huh, that's not normally something you see with Wegener's, but Lupus... You're not allowed to have anything else though." The next day I had a mark on my forehead, it looked like someone had actually bitten my forehead. This red mark was there for a while but then went away too.

Don't worry, I'm not thinking I have lupus too. I think it's just a weird little vasculitis thing. Wegener's can go after the skin and all.  Of course, I can go around telling people I have lupus in my hand. Hand lupus!

Needless to say, I am now back on my monthly rheumy visit. It was good for one month off, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment