Thursday, May 26, 2011

Introduction Post

After many a month pondering the idea I finally decided to blog my experiences with a rare and potentially fatal disease. I hope that maybe someone can find this and lose some of the feelings they might have of being alone and surviving through something that is at best difficult and at worst impossible. It would also be remiss if I didn't mention that it is cathartic for myself to whine, blather, complain and gripe about things. The idea is to do this with humor.

I plan on covering things like: My thoughts about what's going on in my body (believe me, I've learned a lot more about myself than I ever wanted to know), different experiences I've had lately (I have decided to try dating again, something that would most likely be a comedy of errors without the added disease), some coping strategies I've learned, research I've done and anything else I can think of that might be applicable. 

You might not share in exactly the same situation as me, but hopefully I can make you smile, think, and learn a little bit more than what you did before reading. A tall order to fill, I know, but hey, I've got the summer off work and some time to kill!

I leave you with some mystery,
Farewell for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment