Saturday, May 28, 2011

That's an Interesting Reaction

So, I already went over the part about how I decided to err on the side of going to regret this later and take the advice of InstaCare. I really should not have.


I took the pills and, if anything, my fever got higher! I also developed this nasty side effect of having my tongue swell up, it wasn't terrible, I could still breath. But talking became a problem. It made calling in to work an interesting experience; the poor cell phone reception plus me tawkink dlie I hadth a mouf thfull ofb oadbeel was probably an interesting conversation to listen to. On the other hand, I didn't have to say much in order to get excused.

Did I mention that I am allergic to augmentin?

So, I trundle off to bed for the night thinking to myself, well, it's just the flu. I should be better by tomorrow.

Then came 3 o clock in the morning. Why is it that everything terrible seems to happen at 3 in the morning? I remember what time it was because, like any young adult growing up in the technology age who is awoken during the pre-dawn hours by coughing up mouthfuls of blood I turned to my internet capable phone to look up and see what could be wrong with me.

Now, when I say mouthfuls, I mean "looks-like-a-movie-set-where-someone-got-shot-in-the-gut" MOUTHFULS, it sounds disgusting but the stuff was leaking out of my mouth even when I wasn't coughing. The silly thing was, as terrified as I was, I didn't go wake any of the other FOUR people in my house because I didn't want to worry them.

I have to say, that these were probably the actions that got me moved from my basement room into the guest room across from my parents.

So, I sit, and I wait. I don't really want to go back to sleep fearing that I might not wake up. But, according to the InstaCare my lungs look fine. I have nothing to worry about. It's just the flu. Some deadly, deadly flu, maybe. Have some antibiotics!

Finally, I hear other people awake and moving around as they get ready to go to work. This is when I force myself to stumble up the stairs and find out a really interesting fact: if you're coughing up blood and it has already been established that you're not breathing 100% physical and emotional stress are things you should avoid.

I make it to the kitchen table and even though I am gasping like a fish I'm not getting any air. Between the blood and my cough I had no space for air to travel. Luckily, I have a mother who knows how to deal with such situations!

She quickly got me a small glass of Sprite in order to clear my throat. Hallelujah! It worked! Thank you Mommy! You saved me!

Also, I decided that I should go see my real doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment