Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

I do have some important stuff to post about life wise, but for today, in honor of the holiday, I am going to post a work of fiction. It's related, but there will be zombies. .



It didn't take long for the world to go to Hell. Most of us didn't notice it start, probably a few of us didn't care, figuring that someone was going to step in and take care of things. Bad things don't happen in this country, no matter how many times that statement has been proven wrong.

By the time the public was aware of just how bad the situation had turned, it was too late to do anything effective. I can't say that my family was any better. There were bills to pay and family obligations, social contracts don't end just because the world does.

Now it's been weeks. There doesn't seem to be much of anything left for society to re-build itself with. If there is, I know I won't be around to see it. I avoided the plague gripping the world, dodged the teeth coming for humanities throat. All I managed was to land myself in the embrace of another, more insidious disease.

My pills ran out weeks ago, the nose bleeds started today. Any morning now I expect the swelling and the tell-tell signs that things are coming to a close. There's nothing I can do to stop it. I know it's coming, my family knows it's coming, but we all pretend not to notice the symptoms. It's easier this way.





Sorry for the downer ending. But I wanted to briefly touch on where my life and hobby (?)/pop culture favorite might intersect and it didn't take me to a happy place. Ah, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment