Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cavities

So, I just realized that in all of my posts I had been spelling Wegener's wrong. Out of both words in the disease name, I get the short and easy one wrong. Yup. Also, try typing in Wegener's Granulomatosis into google and search images.

Are you now scarred for life? Scary stuff. And then you see that there is a picture displaying a plate of food about halfway down the page. Wonder what that is doing there. I certainly don't know.

Anywho, I went to the pulmonologist on Friday (it was the Dawn of the Doctor's Appointments as I went to see a new primary physician). Got my usual tests run, chest X-ray and what not. My breathing is good, oxygen levels never dipped below 90. But my X-ray looks like I might have something going on that needs to be kept an eye on.

In my tradition of never doing anything less than 110% I got what is possibly my first ever cavity. Of course, it can't be in my teeth, no, this one looks like it is in my lung. Maybe. The only way we can know for sure is if I get an MRI or a high contrast CT of my lung. This isn't something my Dr wants done right away as it doesn't seem to be bothering or effecting me too much and I need a CT of my sinuses more so than one on my lung.

I have a stuffy nose and with my previous MRSA infections she thought is was a good idea to test me for it again. If it comes back positive, I need to get a CT to see if it is in my sinuses. Having an antibiotic resistant staff infection next to my brain would probably not be the best thing for my health.

We'll see how this episode turns out probably next time on A Little Life Comma (also we'll continue looking at other forms of Vasculitis).

No comments:

Post a Comment