Monday, April 8, 2013

Letting Go

I know it's been a while since I last posted. Just know that for that time I didn't need to write down my thoughts. I just didn't have much to say. Health wise, the last year has been up and down but I've made it through to sit before you today and type some thoughts down for you to read.

This past almost year has led me to a conclusion. I really want to let go of the person I used to be because all that is doing is causing me grief emotionally and physically. I need to realize that I can't be the things I used to be and my life needs to change if I am ever going to get to a stable place.

But that stubborn girl just keeps clinging to me, haunting me like a ghost that needs to be laid to rest. Laying her to rest is just what I plan to do. I want to make a poppet of the girl I used to be and put her to rest; this way, the new me can rise from the ashes and reach her full potential. I know that I will still have some vestiges from my past self, because my new self will have been born from her, but maybe, just maybe, it will help me let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment