Thursday, June 18, 2015

Surgery Over

So I had my sinuses roto rootered yesterday. Hopefully this will lead to better breathing in the future. It was kind of funny because the surgeon was running ahead of schedule, how often does that happen (?), so he was trying to rush the nurses through putting the IV's and stuff in and he finally just got fed up and came to collect me and take me down to surgery himself because he couldn't stand to wait for the orderlies to do it. The whole trip to the surgical suite other nurses would give him a hard time since he used to be an orderly at that hospital before he became a surgeon.

I had some trouble coming out of the anesthesia, my oxygen wouldn't stay up and my blood pressure kept jogging around. But I am well on the way to mending and will hopefully be able to smell and taste things again! At the very least it will be nice to not have a constant sinus infection.

Have fun all you vascies attending the conference in Florida! I hope you all have a wonderful time and learn lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment